Flourish CDC is a newly formed community development corporation seeking transformation in the lives of persons, families, and neighborhoods. The mission of Flourish is:
Following Jesus Christ, Flourish STANDS with our neighbors in need, pursues HEALING through relationships of reconciliation, and INVESTS in leadership and economic development.
Flourish operates a crisis food pantry, school partnership program, educational and experiential offerings, including a transitional home for women, that leads to uplifting the spiritual, relational and financial components of life. Flourish aspires to add apprenticeships, affordable housing, and social enterprise endeavors that contribute to people declaring, ‘I love my life, my neighborhood, my neighbors’.
The Flourish Board of Directors is seeking an executive director who is an experienced and entrepreneurial leader to launch and grow the organization. The executive director must have a strong faith and conviction for serving with our neighbors in need, investing in forsaken communities, and the ability to recruit and build a team that will share this passion and mission.
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
- Partner with the Board in developing the strategic direction for the organization.
- Provide leadership in developing programs, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff and implement plans and policies.
- Identify and implement staffing requirements for efficient operations, maintaining a strong culture and work climate that attracts and retains staff, and drives the organization’s mission.
- Work closely with Board of Directors, informing, assessing, and addressing issues that affect the organization.
FUNDRAISING AND COMMUNITY RELATIONS
- Create an annual fundraising and outreach plan that will fund the operations of the organization.
- Identify and cultivate relationships with individuals, churches, and organizations as donors of Flourish.
- Develop strategic partnerships that will bring program innovations, funding and other resources to Flourish.
- Serve as a primary spokesperson for Flourish by communicating the vision to the community, private organizations and stakeholders.
- Develop a comprehensive communications strategy including web presence, social media and external relations with the goal of building a stronger brand.
OPERATIONS AND ADMINISTRATION
- Maintain the fiscal integrity and financial stability of Flourish. This includes developing financial policies, submitting a proposed annual budget to the Board, and monthly financial reports that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Direct all aspects of human resource management including staff hiring, supervision, training and terminations. Develop employee policies and benefits in accordance with federal and state requirements.
- Foster a culture with staff and volunteers that promotes trust and teamwork and that reflects the values of Flourish as we demonstrate care and compassion to all we serve.
- Ensure the organization is continually learning and growing by reflecting on performance, impact and potential.
- Maintain official records and documents and ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
- Ensure compliance with all grant requirements.
CORE COMPETENCIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Faith in Jesus, Hope for the world, and a readiness for second chances.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneur, adaptable, with an innovative approach to operations of the organization.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people. Passion, integrity, positive attitude, mission driven, and self-directed.
- Comfortable in managing various tasks simultaneously, ranging from the strategic to the administrative, with proven ability to synthesize, prioritize and act.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Awareness of, and growing familiarity with the principles and practices of Christian Community Development and Asset Based Community Development.
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a leadership position with demonstrated success in leading staff, developing and managing budgets and reporting to a board.
- Strategic thinker and planner, ability to envision and successfully communicate the organization’s mission to a variety of people.
- Proven ability to raise financial support, to set and implement fundraising strategy and to cultivate major gifts with new donors. Experience in fund development and/or strong relationship skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with various kinds of stakeholders.
Interested in applying? Send an email to Jason Leininger at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a cover letter.