ABOUT LIFE cHANGE PLAN?
The Life Change Plan is a yearlong life recovery program. During their time in the program, participants experience mentorship, community, and a new story.
JOIN A CURRENT CLASS
This fall, the Flourish Life Change program will offer an 8-week class study titled, The Story of God. This will be part of a Sunday night offering running with a kick off event on Sept 12, and the study going from Sept 19 through Nov. 7.
We'll begin with the study at 4 pm, followed by dinner and a brief time of worship and learning.
This will be held at Schweitzer Church at 2747 E Sunshine St.
We'll kick off this event on Sept 12 with a special - meeting from 5:30 to 6:30 pm
LIFE CHANGE PLAN OVERVIEW
Mentorship. Community. A New Story.
During the Life Change Plan participants will be paired with a mentor who will walk alongside them through the year. Mentors will meet with mentees one time a week for about an hour.
Mentees will also communicate with champions and allies during participation in Jobs for Life and Faith and Finances.
The Life Change Plan helps participants diversify their support system through mentorship and relationships with other Flourish participants and volunteers.
Flourish provides a meal and a short worship service that follows a quarterly, 8-week long class along with other experiences throughout the program to encourage community building. Each participant is charged with the goal of working towards establishing their place in a faithcommunity.
A NEW STORY
The Life Change Plan offers educational learning opportunities to participants that help to rewrite their story in the areas of work, finances, relationships and their faith. This is done through the following classes:
• The Story of God - From creation to restoration this curriculum focuses on orality and the basics of understanding the basics of the Gospel.
• Jobs for Life - Jobs for Life focuses on job readiness through the restoration of worth, understanding the value of work, and building soft skills necessary for being a successful employee.
• Faith and Finances - Traditional financial classes are not meant for individuals who live in poverty. Faith and Finances is designed to tackle the obstacles many face when living in poverty
• Boundaries - This class is designed to walk participants through understanding what healthy boundaries in their relationships look like.
• Participants are eligible to visit our food pantry once a month.
• At three months participants receive a personalized bible.
• Flourish provides child care for participants during Flourish classes